“I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.”
- Matthew 25:40
In order to establish a permanent source of charitable funds for the benefit of the parishioners of the Annunciation Greek Orthodox Church and our community at large, trustees elected by our General Assembly created the Annunciation Greek Orthodox Foundation of Winston Salem on November 14th, 1984.
All contributions to the Foundation are held in perpetuity; only income from the principle investment is distributed through the Foundation as charitable funds.
The Mission of the Annunciation Greek Orthodox Foundation
Giving for the need of others is based on the teaching of Christ and the Orthodox faith. The Foundation seeks to meet the needs of our faith community, and the community at large by providing assistance to the following:
- The Annunciation Greek Orthodox Church
- Worthy charitable organizations
- The sick, elderly, and poor
- Deserving students who wish to further their education
- Gifts of personal assets including: cash, retirement assets, and life insurance policies.
- Gifts of stocks and mutual funds
- Gifts of real estate.
- Bequests (charitable provisions in a donor's will).
- Planned gifts, as provided by the foundation.
- Additional arrangements approved by the Trustees
FOR ADDITIONAL GIVING INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT THE ANNUNCIATION CLERGY, OR A FOUNDATION MEMBER AT 336 765 7145
Current President of the Annunciation Greek Orthodox Foundation is James Carros
THE ANNUNCIATION GREEK ORTHODOX FOUNDATION OF WINSTON-SALEM IS A 501(C)(3) CHARITABLE ORGANIZATION. CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE FOUNDATION ARE TAX-DEDUCTIBLE.
Donors to the foundation are solely responsible for discussing their proposed gifts with their legal and tax advisors. It is the Trustees’ requirement and obligation to hold all information concerning donors and prospective donations in strictest confidence.