Sunday School Coordinators
Zoe Bobatsiares, Helen Karagiorgis, Heather Vlachos
A ministry of religious education for youth, beginning at age 3 through 12th grade.
Students hear a short Sunday- School lesson just after the Gospel reading during the Divine Liturgy. Children proceed to their classes after Holy Communion where they learn about their Orthodox Christian faith and tradition.
To register your child for Sunday School, please using the form below to send in your child's information including their name, age, grade, and parent contact information. Alternatively, a paper registration from can be picked up under the News & Updates bulletin board in the breezeway.
Sunday School Attendance Policy
As always the following policies will be implemented:
- Sunday School attendance is to be understood as mandatory, not optional.
- In order to participate in youth activities outside of Sunday School (GOYA, Greek Dance, etc.), a child must attend greater than 55% of the Divine Services and also of his or her classes. Attendance will be taken and must be consistent throughout the school year.
- If the family is out of town, a youth may substitute the Divine Liturgy they at- tend at the out of town parish as attendance in Sunday School in Winston- Salem. We have a downloadable form that must be filled out and signed by the Parish Priest of the respective parish. A wedding or other service may not be substituted for Sunday School.
- Special circumstances will be addressed by myself, and Minas Tsambounieris, our Pastoral Assistant/Youth Director on a case-by-case basis.
- Your active participation; support and help coupled with our own efforts can go a long way to ensure that we succeed in our goal. Thank you in advance for your willing cooperation and understanding.
With Love in Christ,
Rev. Fr. George Kouzelis
Sunday School / Liturgy Absent Form
Sunday School Contact Form